2008/12/13 Shino Jacob <[email protected]>: > may be .but if that installer workied on the other computer, I think Syam > would have advocated for that.( as I read from all posts that he is an > ardent advocate of Fedora)
What makes Fedora set apart from some rather popular distro is its commitment to provide Free Software only and not mix proprietary software. We definitely recommend some distributions over other because we believe they play an equal role, give back to the community and stay committed to Free Software ideals. "Fedora is always free for anyone to use, modify, and distribute." http://fedoraproject.org/ So there is a personal preference and a philosophical strength to Fedora. In that particular thread if you see, we did try to help him with his problem. I'm quoting Syam's mail here "Did you try using an image which resides in your home directory? If mounting of partitions fails during boot (for whatever reason), the wallpaper iage might be inaccessible. I'm not sure if that's the problem. Please check and revert. And if it doesn't work, feel free to download Fedora 10 tomorrow and install it.. he he.. " http://groups.google.com/group/ilug-tvm/browse_thread/thread/f740ee10e5e7794/3b7be154da4b442d?lnk=gst&q=syam+fedora+ubuntu+background# That he he was clearly a joke and he indeed clarified it in a later post. And if you back to that thread there was 13 messages and 5 people responded. > This particular mail is what is used in the Sunil's blog.( i am not sure , > but I think one or other similar instances were there, may be I am wrong, I > dont recollect it correctly) > Do you really think that blog reflects the situation correctly? > Well, my intention was not to tarnish anybody, > I am here to support and use FS and to povide some contributions if > possible. Since this was an incident you have seen first hand, you can infer about the intentions of the original blogger. Cheers Praveen -- പ്രവീണ് അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില് <GPLv2> I know my rights; I want my phone call! <DRM> What use is a phone call, if you are unable to speak? (as seen on /.) Join The DRM Elimination Crew Now! http://fci.wikia.com/wiki/Anti-DRM-Campaign --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ "Freedom is the only law". "Freedom Unplugged" http://www.ilug-tvm.org You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ilug-tvm" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For details visit the website: www.ilug-tvm.org or the google group page: http://groups.google.com/group/ilug-tvm?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
