Praveen A wrote:
I'm quoting Syam's mail here
  
Thanks a ton Praveen. Shino, If that single thread provoked you in to saying something like "may be an occasional one here are there", then you need to put more thought on that. Going by the facts, ilug-tvm (or fsug-tvm) never had *any*.

Here's what I've to say:

To free software supporters who are both angry and sad to see proprietary software @ fsfs.in
Your point is well taken. In the future, we should make sure that we don't inadvertently promote proprietary software in our stalls. All our promotional material, demos, presentations etc. must be supported by free software.


To purists who think proprietary software shouldn't be spotted at a free software conference
 We have no (and should not have) control over the laptops of the speakers and other contributor. If I'm a contributor to free software, coming for the conference to present something, aren't I allowed to use software of my choice on my machines?
How about this: "The international children's film festival sucked big time - the venue had lots of adults! Can you believe that?? grown-ups in a children's film festival! Look, I've lots of photos to prove it..." Does that sound sensible?

To people who think free software has no relevance and future
Why are you in this mailing list? Don't you have anything better to do with your time?

Syam



--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
"Freedom is the only law".
"Freedom Unplugged"
http://www.ilug-tvm.org

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "ilug-tvm" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]

For details visit the website: www.ilug-tvm.org or the google group page: http://groups.google.com/group/ilug-tvm?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---




Reply via email to