<< If I'm a contributor to free software, coming for the conference to
present something, aren't I allowed to use software of my choice on my
machines?

This is the exact question I have. I believe open source and free
software brings a lot of benefits to the table. I also think that we
should fight things such as "software patents". But when it comes to
use of 'proprietary software' we need to be pragmatic. What irritates
me is the fanatical behavior seen (Novell protest comes to my mind). A
guy even suggested that I am traitor simply because I said I use some
of the 'proprietary software'!

Freedom to me also includes my ability to choose what is best for me.
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
"Freedom is the only law". 
"Freedom Unplugged"
http://www.ilug-tvm.org

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "ilug-tvm" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]

For details visit the website: www.ilug-tvm.org or the google group page: 
http://groups.google.com/group/ilug-tvm?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to