2009/10/4 Kenneth Gonsalves <law...@thenilgiris.com>:
> வணக்கம்,
>
> ஒரு கட்டுரையில் நம்ம சங்கத்தின் பெயர் 'சென்னை குனு லினக்ஸ் பயனர்
> குழு' என்று கொடுக்கப்பட்டது. இது சரியில்லை. என்னை பொருத்த
> வரைக்கும், சரியான பெயர் 'இந்தியா லினக்ஸ் பயனர் அமைப்பின் சென்னை
> கிளை' யானது.

Wow. I am so glad that my firefox is able to show the Tamil text in
graphic detail both on the archive interface as well as quote it
correctly in this mail as well.

I am really glad. I installed the latha.ttf and configured firefox for it.

I hope you guys have all done it. But the kudos should go to
Google's efforts in localization and several other efforts in this
direction.

As to answering Kenneth's question I think he is right but the
difference is rather unimportant since many LUGGers do not live in
Chennai I think.

This in my opinion proves two things:
   a) ILUGC is superior to all other LUGS in India ;)

   b) The traditional Tamil respect for talent and outsiders

This is why we have Rajnikant and MGR making it big in Tamil Nadu.
We have close to zero xenophobia here. We are even better than
Americans in this regard as US has got very protectionist due to the
recent recession.

Vazha vaikum Tamizhagame vazhga!

By the way I did not grow up in Tamil Nadu though I am 100% Tamil.

-Girish
--
Gayatri Hitech
web: http://gayatri-hitech.com