[snip]

> > But yes, I have been on this list for a few months, and have not
> > heard anyone actually mention it as a loss- the fact that there
> > are no 'active' women on the list.
>
> I don't know what you were expecting to see, but the subject does come
> up every now and then: people wonder why more women don't participate,
>[snip]

i know the feeling. am on this very large and active mailing list,
with over 6,900 members. we discuss trends and tips on nail-polish. i
often lament why we don't have enough guys on the list. i often wonder
how many guys from the ilug-d mailing list would be interested to
actively participate and conduct talks and sessions at the monthly
meetings.

[nail-polish: 'tis like what a theme is to kde or gnome.
some even have alpha transparancy.
nail-polish remover: a little like running runlevel 3]

:-)
LL