Title: Message
Ramtin,
 
Check your default user accounts such as root and so on to see what passwords are assigned to them.  By default iMail sets the password as "password" and spammers know it.  So most likely you're not really relaying mail but the mail might be hijacked by a weak password.  You might also want to check to see if common user names such as admin are being used and see if the password matches the user name.  Also an easy picking for the spammers.
 
Hope this helps.
 
Marcus
----- Original Message -----
From: Ramtin S.
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 4:47 PM
Subject: [imail] SPAM & Relay HELP!

Hi
I am running IMAIL 6.06 on a NT4 server. We are getting bombarded with Spam. I have turned off the relay option (Set relay "No Relay") and Every night I clean the spool directory, Next morning I have about 50,000 files in spool directory to be relayed. Any ideas? I greatly appreciate any help and input on this matter.
 
Thanks
 
Ramtin

Reply via email to