Len 
Thanks for your reply. I have looked in all the Logs and I can't find
"user treated as local"
Where should I be looking for this string? Is this something that I need
to enable somewhere?

Thanks again

Ramtin



-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Len Conrad
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2003 10:18 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [imail] SPAM & Relay HELP!



>We have been monitoring the server, since I changed passwords the Spam
>reduced dramatically. But I also wanted to know, how can I check the 
>authentication processes on the server? It looks like IMAIL does not
log 
>the SMTP authentication process.

yes it does.  search log for "user treated as local" or something like 
that. This logging is precisely why SMTP AUTH is much preferable to
trusing 
IP addresses.  You can trace every msg to every authenticated sender.

Len




______________________________________________________________________
The HKSI-IMail Admin List is hosted by........ Humankind Systems, Inc.
Questions, Comments or Complain like Hell.. mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Message Archive............ http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To Manage your Subscription......... http://humankindsystems.com/lists




______________________________________________________________________
The HKSI-IMail Admin List is hosted by........ Humankind Systems, Inc.
Questions, Comments or Complain like Hell.. mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Message Archive............ http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To Manage your Subscription......... http://humankindsystems.com/lists

Reply via email to