Gesendet: Dienstag, 20. September 2016 um 16:55 Uhr
Von: "Daniel Megert" <daniel_meg...@ch.ibm.com>
An: "Discussions for new Eclipse projects" <incubation@eclipse.org>
Betreff: Re: [incubation] Delete top commit from git master branch
Hi Alois

This is the wrong list.

Deleting a commit is very bad and should not be done. Instead, just revert it.

Dani

From:        "Alois Z." <alois.zo...@gmx.at>
To:        incubation@eclipse.org
Date:        20.09.2016 16:51
Sent by:        incubation-boun...@eclipse.org

Hi,

not sure if this is a question for incubation but as I'm rather new to git and git on Eclipse I thought it could be a good place.

As described in the subject my problem is that I was a little to quick in gerrit and added a commit to the master branch which should have gone to another branch. In the meantime I was able to cherry pick the commit to the intended branch but I'm not able to delete it from my master branch on the remote git repo @ eclipse.org. I know that this is in general bad but it would really help me if I could delete the last commit on my master branch.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

BR,
incubation mailing list
incubation@eclipse.org