[Med] It is not only about NAT but address sharing in general (including A+P
and proxies). Issues are also encountered when tunnels are in use.

>b) The word "privacy" doesn't appear in the draft. Discussing
>privacy aspects is clearly essential if there is any thought of
>advancing this work. Actually I doubt if such a host ID is ever
>going to be acceptable from a privacy point of view, unless the
>end system is at liberty to change it at random (like RFC 4941).

[Med] A pointer to http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6967#section-3 can be added to
the draft.

>c) A hard-nosed argument is that since we want to sunset IPv4,
>it's time to stop working on ways of making NAT solutions work
>better. Is there anything in the use cases that can't be fixed by
>native IPv6?

[Med] The document includes some cases involving IPv6 (e.g., proxies, NPTv6,
NAT64). See the table in
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-boucadair-intarea-host-identifier-scenarios-04#section-4.2.
 The text can be made more clearer.