De: Nikita Popov <nikita....@gmail.com>
Enviado: segunda-feira, 15 de junho de 2020 13:51
Para: Daniel Rodrigues Lima <danielrodrigues...@hotmail.com>
Cc: PHP Internals <internals@lists.php.net>
Assunto: Re: [PHP-DEV] About the use of the terms master/slave and blacklist,
proposal to replace.

On Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 5:43 PM Daniel Rodrigues Lima
<danielrodrigues...@hotmail.com<mailto:danielrodrigues...@hotmail.com>> wrote:
Hi internals,

I think the time has come for the PHP internals to discuss the use of
master/slave and blacklist terminologies.
As everyone can see, we are going through times of change in the world, see
#blackLivesMatter for example.
Therefore, I propose that we discuss the non-use of terms master/slave, because
the use of this can allude to the slavery and negative feelings about black
people.

If you would like to rename user-visible symbols, please create an RFC, which
details what exactly will be renamed, analyzes what the backward compatibility
impact will be and provides a sensible migration path and timeline.

If I may be honest, I find it somewhat disrespectful that you started this
thread without investing any effort from your side. A simple "grep backlist"
and "grep master" on the PHP codebase would have gone a long way towards
identifying what can/should be changed.

Regards,
Nikita