Juan,
You can always offer two votes on the RFC - one for the function itself,
then one for should it return boolean or return an int representing the
json_last_error constants and let it be decided that way.

I think on the whole, I agree with the sentiment that returning boolean and
checking json_last_error() on false is probably the best / least worst
option.

So if I could vote, I would vote yes and for the boolean option, with a
secondary preference for returning int if boolean option is rejected.

And I was unconvinced about the whole idea originally, so a good example of
where positive, robust discussion can change someone's mind.

Good luck with progressing the RFC, I don't think I have anything else to
add.