Hi Derick,

I didn't quite understand. Users would be able to handle E_FATAL errors? How would exceptions from those user handlers propagate the C extensions?

Andi

At 05:15 AM 8/23/2005, Derick Rethans wrote:
On Mon, 22 Aug 2005, George Schlossnagle wrote:

> E_FATAL
>
> Leaving current errors as E_ERROR (since most are recoverable, imho)

I have a patch for this ready. In most of the engine I converted all
E_ERRORs to E_FATALs (except the type hints), and in most of the
extensions I kept the E_ERRORs in case there is proper error handling
for cases where an E_ERROR would not have aborted. Major exceptions here
are ext/hwapi, ext/soap, ext/simplexml and ext/ming. These need to be
fixed. In some cases I added RETURN_FALSE or return.

I also updated some test cases. You can find the patch here:
http://files.derickrethans.nl/e_fatal-20050823.diff.txt

Derick

--
Derick Rethans