On 03/23/2010 08:15 PM, Jani Taskinen wrote:
> 23.3.2010 18:42, Antony Dovgal wrote:
>> Hello all.
>>
>> Derick (and other people) asked me to create an RFC for FPM describing what
>> it is and why do we need it.
>> Quite.. ahem.. laconic version of such RFC can be found here:
>> http://wiki.php.net/rfc/fpm
>>
>> I'm open for your questions.
>
> Does it really need to be separate SAPI? I mean, just replace the old sapi/cgi
> with it? Keep the name 'cgi' though. :)

I don't see any need to touch sapi/cgi at all.
Keeping both CGI and FastCGI in one SAPI leads to a nasty code mess with lots
of
"if (fcgi_is_fastcgi()) {" as you can now see in cgi_main.c.

sapi/fpm and sapi/cgi now have quite different codebase as we've dropped some
stuff
not pertinent to FastCGI (there might be some leftovers, I'll deal with them
later).

--
Wbr,
Antony Dovgal