At 21:43 23/03/2010, Antony Dovgal wrote:
> - The config file change, moving from the XML-based php-fpm.conf to
> using php.ini (I think some work had started on this, but syntax was
> under debate?)

We've discussed this many times and I thought it's pretty clear that php.ini
syntax won't fit in this situation - the requirements are completely different.

It's not clear at all. In fact I think it was very clear that using php.ini syntax (together with sections if necessary) is very much an option, and I think mostly everyone here leaned towards it.

> - this will make it easier to adopt

I don't see how.

By using syntax we're using everywhere else for configuration, instead of introducing a brand new one. .ini is also easier than XML for mere mortals.

Zeev