Am 10.05.2011 10:10, schrieb Jordi Boggiano:
I think the main reasons are standardization of the syntax and
performance of the parsing. At the moment everyone has to cache the
stuff because hitting the tokenizer every time is quite expensive.
If implemented within PHP the existing opcode-caches could work wonders on this.

Annotations are not code, but more like metadata to tell the
surrounding libraries how to work best with a piece of code.
What is code?;) What's the Problem with having meta-data within PHP-Code?

I think your example shows very well why annotations are good, it's
much more concise.
But my example is much more verbose (which is good in my view), uses common syntax and is very flexible! It gives you the whole power of PHP instead of a semi-language (no offense).