Hi!

On 9/2/11 1:57 PM, Johannes Schlüter wrote:
maybe supporting IE6 would be a good metaphor: you could say that you
support every browser equally, or you could say that you write your
stuff for the modern browsers and tests it against IE6 and fix where
necessary.
Johannes, is this what you had in mind?

Thanks, I like your analogy and don't have a better one.

That is exactly the problem - *nobody* says "we support every browser equally" and most sites/applications explicitly say "we do not support IE6" and every bug on IE6 is rejected unless it happens in some other place. If you plan to give libmysql the same treatment it means removing support for it, plain and simple. If you mean something else, please explain.

--
Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/