On Jan 22, 2013, at 6:00 PM, Christopher Jones <christopher.jo...@oracle.com>
wrote:
> On 01/22/2013 01:27 PM, Clint Priest wrote:
>> In terms of cost of maintenance, I was under the impression that
>> since I wrote it, I would be maintaining it which is why I applied
>> for and you approved a VCS account for me.
>
> The concern is historical and not personal.  Frequently the long-term
> contributors to PHP have been left to stabilize, integrate (e.g. with
> APC), and then maintain code that was contributed.
>
> I do note & appreciate your outstanding perseverance and leadership in
> working through the RFC process.

Thanks, its been a long hard road for two years.  I've wanted to contribute to
PHP for years but there was a steep learning curve.

I'm personally honored to have been given a VCS account and would like to see
the project flourish far beyond where it is presently, I fully intend to be a
long term core contributor to this project.

I would also like to thank Nikita as he has done a lot with the project as
well.  Were it not for him, it would not be ready for release.

-Clint