On 27/07/14 08:26, Kris Craig wrote:
> As you can see, PHP continues to dominate with over 80% market share and no
> signs-- at least, none that I can see-- that we are "losing ground" as you
> stated.
>
> So again:  What's the rush?

Especially since 75% of that are still on PHP5.3 or 5.2 ;)

But I had forgotten the comparison has a breakdown by ranking. I made
the unsubstantiated comment about big sites not using PHP which of cause
this shows, but there is no reference to the alternative PHP engines?
One question that does come too mind is "Why is python so popular with
the bigger sites?" Is it because compiled builds are fully supported?
Certainly if any of my own sites traffic started to take off I would be
looking down that avenue, so while improving the speed of interpreted
working is important, it is still stability in the language that blocks
uptake?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL