Hi Kris,

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 9:18 AM, Kris Craig <kris.cr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> According to w3techs, JavaScript retains an extremely tiny market share in
> terms of general purpose languages:
>

> http://w3techs.com/technologies/comparison/pl-java,pl-php,pl-ruby,pl-python,pl-js
>

> It looks like the sources are all measuring different metrics.  It would
> be interesting to see a closer analysis of the data and figure out which
> metrics are the most relevant to this question.

Since we have enough market share on web apps already, why don't we focus
more on developers? There are many awesome none web app tools that are
developed with JavaScript because of it's popularity and developers'
passion.

PHP is losing popularity for sure.

http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/PHP.html

PHP is the worst in terms of lost popularity among top 20 languages. It
should be
a flag for us to adjust our strategy/view. Market share comes after
language popularity.
When market share has changed, it would be too late.

Anyway, I'm willing to have phpng as master, as well as INT64 branch.
Both are good for PHP. IMO.

Regards,

--
Yasuo Ohgaki