Instead of endless, useless bickering, how about everyone both for and
against merging jump in and start helping with phpng (docs, api
cleanup/stabilization, but fixes, etc)?

Imagine how much more stable and ready to merge it would be if you
concentrated the saber rattling energy towards actually accomplishing
something.