On Sun, Jul 27, 2014 at 3:00 AM, Michael Wallner <mike.php....@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 27 07 2014, at 11:44, Kris Craig <kris.cr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> [a lot]
>
> Maybe because you see those as competitors,

You're the one who said PHP was losing ground to its "competitors", not I.

but I see HHVM and friends as current competitors, being evaluated to
> replace stock PHP, which is definitely not covered by any nice statistics
> you can currently view.

So, in other words, you're basing your claim on anecdotal and purely
hypothetical assumptions about unnamed people "evaluating" other languages
to replace PHP.  Even if your self-serving guess were true, for which there
is no evidence that has been presented here, it still wouldn't substantiate
your claim because evaluating alternatives to your current codebase doesn't
mean you're going to actually switch to any of them.  So either way, PHP is
not, as you claimed, "losing ground" to anyone.

[a lot]

I've been trying to maintain a civil discussion here, but I have to say,
Michael, thus far you have done nothing but make immature, snyde personal
attacks and baseless, factually inaccurate claims.  You have not
contributed anything substantive or constructive to this debate up to this
point.  From your "rolling eyes" comment where you speculated about your
dog wanting voting rights to now, you have been very disrespectful and
uncivil toward everyone here.  I don't want to discourage anyone from
expressing their views, but on the same token, I'm not here to feed trolls.

This issue clearly brings out strong emotions in some people and we clearly
disagree on certain points.  That said, please make a greater effort to be
respectful toward other people on this list, whether you agree with them or
not.  Your trolling comments have all but hijacked this thread over the
last 17 hours and it's detracting from substantive debate that needs to
happen.

If you have some issue with me personally, please take it off-list.  If
you're going to post further on this thread, please try to be more
respectful and mature in your comments.

--Kris

http://w3techs.com/technologies/comparison/pl-java,pl-php,pl-ruby,pl-python,pl-js