Larry,

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 6:31 PM, Larry Garfield <la...@garfieldtech.com> wrote:
> On 02/20/2015 06:28 PM, Anthony Ferrara wrote:
>>
>> Considering I'm not targetting 7 (I've updated the RFC to hint this), we
>> can choose what to do later depending on the exceptions result (whether to
>> bypass execution in strict mode only, or for all calls). Thanks for the
>> insight Anthony
>

> That makes me very sad, as whether the strict option is there or not I'd
> *really* love to see scalar hints in PHP 7 to complement return type
> hinting.

Timing just won't work while being fair with alternative proposals.
I've said since I re-opened the proposal that I'm comfortable with it
not targeting 7.0...

Unless we're willing to push feature freeze by 2-3 weeks for it, it
just doesn't make sense to target 7 with people working on an
alternate proposal (since by definition they couldn't target 7).

Anthony