Zeev,

> Anthony,
>
> Following Adam's analysis of the timeline, taking the more 'strict' (no pun
> intended!) interpretation of the timeline RFC, we still have until tomorrow
> to start the discussion and still target it for 7.0, no?  Given the
> importance of this topic, I'd go for the more lax interpretation that allows
> for votes to begin by March 15, giving us all a bit more time to discuss.  I
> don't think any of us, on any camp, wants to wait for 2016 for this.
>
> Thoughts?

I'm fine with that. My interpretation was that the feature freeze
would happen on March 15 (that afterwards no new RFCs would be
accepted).

I made the decision to target 7.next/8 based on the assumption that
the competing RFC would not be able to fairly target 7.0. If you are
saying that's not the issue, then I'll happily re-target this RFC for
7.0 again.

I just didn't want to be seen as (or actually do) pushing based on a
timing advantage that your proposal couldn't possibly meet.

So if you're fine with it (which it seems you are), I'll re-target the RFC now.

Thanks

Anthony