> FWIW, as someone who did play with the patch (both patches, of course),
> I'm not sure why people are claiming you don't understand the RFC.  Your
> comments in the code are 100% accurate, which means you understood
> exactly how it works.

Josh Di Fabio just pointed out to me that the code in question wasn't
actually written by you but by Dennis Birkholz, so my statement was
incorrect.
Still, from what you said it appears to me you still understood the behavior
but disagreed with it.  I know that at least on my end, that was definitely
the case.

Zeev