Pavel,

On Wed, March 18, 2015 11:05, Pavel Kouřil wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 11:01 AM, Pierre Joye <pierre....@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Mar 18, 2015 4:56 PM, "Pavel Kouřil" <pajou...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 10:03 PM, Anthony Ferrara
>>> <ircmax...@gmail.com>

>>> Hello,
>>>

>>> how will these examples work btw?
>>>
>>> // a.php
>>> <?php
>>> declare(strict_types=1); function foo($fn) { $fn("1");
>>> };
>>>

>>> // b.php
>>> <?php
>>> require 'a.php'; foo(function (int $a) { return $a * 2; });
>>>

>>> // c.php
>>> <?php
>>> function foo($fn) { $fn("1");
>>> };
>>>

>>> // d.php
>>> <?php
>>> declare(strict_types=1); require 'c.php'; foo(function (int $a) { return
>>> $a * 2; });
>>>

>>> I can't find this in the RFC. I'd intuitively expect error in the
>>> first example and the second one to work OK.
>>>
>>> But at the same time, if there will be an error in the first example,
>>>  it is IMHO a huge flaw with this RFC. :/
>>
>> Git clone, compile, try, report.
>>

>> It sounds pretty straight forward to me instead of asking the same
>> questions (in various form but it ends to the same answer).
>>

>> And the patch should be applied sooner rather than later. So we can fix
>>  bugs if there are actual ones in the current implementation.
>
> Hello,
>

> if I had time to set up the compilation of PHP on Windows, I'd do it - but
> I don't. I wanted to try it myself via http://3v4l.org/, but it
> unfortunately doesn't support multiple files.

for anyone needing to test on Windows, there was builds for an older RFC
version

http://windows.php.net/downloads/snaps/ostc/scalar_type_hints_2_strict_mode/

but I just made quick builds for the current as well

http://windows.php.net/downloads/snaps/ostc/scalar_type_hints_v5/

So you've got the choice.

Cheers

Anatol