On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 10:03 PM, Anthony Ferrara <ircmax...@gmail.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> Voting has been closed on the scalar type declarations v0.5 RFC:
>
> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/scalar_type_hints_v5
>
> At a final score of 108:48, it has been accepted for PHP 7.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Anthony
>
> --

Hello,

how will these examples work btw?

// a.php
<?php
declare(strict_types=1);
function foo($fn) {
    $fn("1");
};

// b.php
<?php
require 'a.php';
foo(function (int $a) { return $a * 2; });

// c.php
<?php
function foo($fn) {
    $fn("1");
};

// d.php
<?php
declare(strict_types=1);
require 'c.php';
foo(function (int $a) { return $a * 2; });

I can't find this in the RFC. I'd intuitively expect error in the
first example and the second one to work OK.

But at the same time, if there will be an error in the first example,
it is IMHO a huge flaw with this RFC. :/

Regards
Pavel Kouril