On Wed, April 29, 2015 15:35, Ferenc Kovacs wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 3:21 PM, Anatol Belski <anatol....@belski.net>
> wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>

>> On Sun, April 5, 2015 09:05, Ferenc Kovacs wrote:
>>
>>> bumping the thread as we should start the release steps (branching
>>> out 7.0,
>>> tagging the first alpha or more likely beta) if we wanna keep up with
>>> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/php7timeline
>>>

>> after the recent discussion on IRC I would like to express the rediness
>> to take on this job. As Kalle is willing to take this role as well, it'd
>>  probably make sense to hear what everyone thinks about my proposition.
>>  Possibly it could come to an election then.
>>

>> I guess this thread conjuncts with the "PHP7 RM" one started last year
>> by Kalle.
>>

>> Regards
>>

>> Anatol
>>

> Thanks for volunteering, albeit I wish you could have spoken a bit
> sooner, so we avoid the awkward situation. I just wanted to repeat that I
> previously noted that based on my personal experience with 5.6, I think
> that having two full time RMs for a major version would be much better. Now
> that we have two volunteers maybe we could also consider having both of
> you guys and ofc. I can help with my experience on the RMing and the
> process.

Yeah, actually I didn't think about RMing before. Thus my self-nomination
is based on the discussion arguments that my participation could be
convenient. Hence so late. With respect to your and others experience,
that's why I'm asking.

The suggestion for Kalle and me both doing the job - wouldn't we all three
then jump over each others heads? Or one could part the tasks so we do it
more or less independently (there are sure enough tasks)? Asking as I
curretly have a minimal sights of the process, so not quite clear how it
would go.

Regards

Anatol