On Nov 23, 2015, at 10:35, Derick Rethans <der...@php.net> wrote:

>> On November 23, 2015 10:08:18 AM GMT+01:00, Rasmus Lerdorf
>> <ras...@lerdorf.com> wrote:
>>> On 11/23/2015 09:49 AM, Phil Sturgeon wrote:
>>> The "There will always be bugs" argument is a strawman, nobody is
>>> saying wait until it's perfect.
>>>
>>> People in this thread are consistently conflating "there will always
>>> be bugs" with "lets just ignore this bug which is 'around critical'
>>> and crack on because yolo."
>>
>> You seem to be confused Phil. Nobody is arguing that this bug shouldn't
>> be fixed. The question is all about how severe it is and whether it
>> should trigger another release candidate.
>
> Do I understand that you'd like to release 7.0.0 as 7.0.0RC7 + the count fix
> on Thursday?

Yes

> I don't think we should push out 7.0.0 without the count fix, but I also
> don't think it warrants another RC.
>
> If people think it needs another RC, then perhaps do one on Thu 26th with
> just RCA+ count fix, plus final on Thu Dec 3rd?

I am ok with either. I don't think the count fix is destabilizing enough to
warrant another RC. The fix seems simple and localized to me, but either people
are confused, or they genuinely feel strongly enough that this is indicative of
further problems and another RC will provide us with more time to find similar
issues or perhaps just give everyone a sense of confidence in the release.

There is also the fact that a lot of us are in Paris this week and and at least
some of us will be in transit on the 26th so a one-week delay might be a good
idea for that reason alone.

-Rasmus