Hi Anatol,

On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 8:20 PM, Anatol Belski <anatol....@belski.net> wrote:
>> I won't have time to write RFC for this, probably. I have many other things
>> that I
>> would like to improve, like session error status handling improvement that I
>> recently proposed.
>>
> I see. It's a pity you won't have time to write an RFC. I see one already in
> place on the wiki though. I see also your several other patches hanging on
> gihtub. IMHO it is a real waste of time to abandon the work you've done,
> without really pulling it through. With uniqid(), maybe it'd be even the
> right decision to return to your original RFC, or just to reduce it to comply
> with the simple patch variant. I'm sure, that no one wants to lose the good
> contributions, even though it might take some effort to reach the common
> ground sometimes.

I meant I wouldn't have time for RFC only replace php_combined_lcg().
I'll address uniqid() improvement sometime in the future.

To all,

We constantly get "uniqid() is not unique" bug reports.
In the meantime, any objection for adding following note to uniqid() manual.

"Do not make assumption for uniqid() output format, entropy
especially. uniqid() output format may be changed to provide
reasonably unique ID in future versions."

Regards,

--
Yasuo Ohgaki
yohg...@ohgaki.net