Am 10.01.2018 um 16:04 schrieb Rasmus Lerdorf:
> Wow, that's rather insulting to the amazing work Dmitry, Nikita, Xinchen
> and others are doing working on the core of PHP.

I agree.

IIRC, last time optional type declarations for attributes were discussed
Dmitry optimized/refactored something in the engine that would reduce the
performance hit.

Do we have a guess at how big that performance hit would be? I, for one,
would gladly trade a couple of percent of performance (considering the
huge gains in performance PHP 7 brought) to be able to use these type
declarations in my code.