Hi!

> Actually, for me the only valid argument to deprecate the backtick
> operator is "because it is a shady way to execute a rare and dangerous
> operation".  I, personally, would make that the main reason for the
> deprecation proposal, and would move the other arguments to the "future
> scope" section.

I don't think it is "shady" - it's a well-known syntax, and while shell
execution can indeed be dangerous in some scenarios, it is commonly used
in cli applications, and is not that rare there. I don't see a point in
deprecating it - it doesn't improve anything that I can see, only makes
extra work for people that are using it.

--
Stas Malyshev
smalys...@gmail.com