On 12.06.2018 at 16:15, Sara Golemon wrote:

> Per issue #1, I'd suggest an OWNERS file per ext/*/ dir with names and
> year ranges.  Continued ownership demarked by explicitly incrementing
> the end year BY THE MAINTAINER.  An extension is considered abandoned
> if the end year is not updated by the following January.  Example:
> ext/hash/OWNER might contain "pollita 2005-2018" (and other entries).
> 2019 rolls around, even if it's December and I haven't updated the end
> year, it's still not considered abandoned until January 2020.   This
> leaves the second half of a year for auditing "soon to be adandoned"
> exts and reach out to current "owners" and/or find potential
> replacements for the following year.

I'm afraid this might be misused.  It's too easy to update the year
number, without actually doing *any* real maintenance work (“I'll come
back to that later” …).  Some automated process would be nice, but
manually checking the bug tracker for maintenance work (particularly
wrt. security issues), and/or the commit log seems to be okay for now.

--
Christoph M. Becker