Hi!

> I think it is *very* important to finally tackle this topic.  Since
> it is rather late for actually moving several extensions to PECL for
> PHP 7.3, and since this would be an ongoing process anyway, I suggest

I'm not sure it's too late for 7.3. If we see that the extension is
unmaintained, we could move it out for 7.3 I think.

And special thanks for re-raising this topic, which I initiated and then
forgot to properly follow up :)

> turn the RFC into a general RFC regarding “Process and Policy” –
> basically, to decide on clear rules regarding maintainership of
> extensions and moving of orphaned extensions to PECL.  Individual
> extensions could than be handled without the need for much
> discussion and be resolved with a simple RFC/voting (or maybe even
> without).

Yes, I think having some rules on maintainership would be nice, right
now I haven't even considered extensions which have maintainers listed
but no longer active, etc. - though I suspect those exist too. But we
should start with ones we think are orphans now. I'll update the RFC and
put it for vote soon, I think, and then see how we can continue.

--
Stas Malyshev
smalys...@gmail.com