On 13.06.2018 at 16:48, Sara Golemon wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 4:09 PM, Stanislav Malyshev <smalys...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure it's too late for 7.3. If we see that the extension is
>> unmaintained, we could move it out for 7.3 I think.
>
> Well, you and cmb are the RMs for 7.3, so you get the largest say in
> that, but IMO we won't finish sorting out the RFC and get through vote
> in time for feature freeze and pulling out whole extensions feels like
> a pretty hefty change to make at that point.  Yes, the extensions
> still exist in PECL, so I wouldn't vote down based on the timeline,
> but it does make me nervous.

The “Release Process” RFC states[1]:

| But they [the roles of the RMs] are not:
| * Decide which features, extension or SAPI get in a release or not

That said, in my opinion it is too late for 7.3 to move a bundled
extension to PECL, except perhaps for unresolved or even unresolvable
security reasons.  ext/wddx comes to mind, and maybe there are others.

[1] <https://wiki.php.net/rfc/releaseprocess#rms_role>

--
Christoph M. Becker