On 14.06.2018 at 00:47, Stanislav Malyshev wrote:

>> That said, in my opinion it is too late for 7.3 to move a bundled
>> extension to PECL, except perhaps for unresolved or even unresolvable
>> security reasons.  ext/wddx comes to mind, and maybe there are others.
>
> I'd be happy to move wddx if nobody steps up to maintain it. It has tons
> of security issues lately (not even sure all are fixed) and it hard to
> make heads or tails in it without really deep dive, for which I don't
> think I have time, and nobody else seems to. And since it's a kinda
> obscure format which in 99% of cases can be replaced by json I suspect...

*Deprecation* of ext/wddx is part of the “Deprecations for PHP 7.3”
RFC[1] draft.  Are you planning to pursue this RFC, Nikita?

Anyhow, I think moving ext/wddx to PECL for PHP 7.3 might be preferable
to a deprecation phase, given that we had discussed this almost a year
before[2], and already had an RFC which would only have deprecated the
object deserialization[3] withdrawn, but had not actually made any progress.

[1] <https://wiki.php.net/rfc/deprecations_php_7_3>
[2] <https://externals.io/message/100183>
[3] <https://wiki.php.net/rfc/wddx-deprecate-class-instance-deserialization>

--