On 2007-05-12, Alexander Shishkin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> At least, autoconf deals with cross-compilation while most of those
> who think that they can write decent makefiles fail to do so.

If cross-compilation needs more than changing the compiler used
and/or its flags, and library/include paths, that system is fucked
up. (Alternatively a chroot jail should be used.)

> Any of this fails to attract my attention in debian, for example.

Debian is a complex fucked up mess.

> Except, probably the case when I discovered that ion3 no longer does
> xinerama due to you being somehow upset with xinerama API.

Not the API -- there isn't much of it; just that the whole thing
is a pointless [1] exercise in mutually incompatible extensions,
which combined with ICCCM incompleteness in the nested WM window
department, makes it impossible to get working Right. Given this,
the state of the planet, and the general distaste I have for the
consumerist culture, I'm not going to waste my time supporting
and helping anyone enlarging their penises with multihead
configurations.

> I can tell what's convenient for me from 4+ years experience
> with dualhead setups and ion.

Convenient or not, I doubt you have a justifiable (to me, not the
FOSS herd and other conspicious consumers) need for a multihead
setup.

  [1]: http://osdir.com/ml/window-managers.ion.general/2007-01/msg00032.html

--
Tuomo