________________________________
From: iotivity-dev@lists.iotivity.org [iotivity-dev@lists.iotivity.org] on
behalf of Dave Thaler via Lists.Iotivity.Org
[dthaler=microsoft....@lists.iotivity.org]
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2018 20:30
To: Morten Nielsen
Cc: iotivity-dev@lists.iotivity.org
Subject: Re: [dev] Where are the devs?

I very much agree with Morten’s points in this thread, especially the original
list of gaps compare to where AllJoyn was at.

I think the top one is #1 (A broadly available product like LIFX for developers
to play with) and I’m guessing it’s unlikely the rest
will improve much until that one is solved by having a relatively cheap product
that many apps actually want to integrate with.
The LIFX bulb was a great example of such a product for AllJoyn.

I don’t have time to spend on improving it myself (largely due to the lack of
#1), but just wanted to weigh in that it’s not just Morten.
Thanks Morten for being persistent and providing a voice of a larger community
of developers.

I hope this list, and iotivity and OCF in general, will be open and
accommodating to all types of developers so that the community can
grow and Iotivity can be more attractive.  I hope we can keep the discussion
constructive rather than trying to alienate devs.

Dave