If you're ok, I'm migrating this topic on jallist.

Seb

2009/7/13 phalox <[email protected]>

>
> Pin count doesn't really matter in my oppinion. It's more the number
> of specific pins (like there are 3-6 PWM pins on an atmega168), there
> are only 2 on a 16F877.
>
> I think this is the main problem. Next to that the routing will be
> difficult. which means there will be some dual layer work :)
>
> It was just an idea I was playing with.
>
> I think too that such a board has to be kept really cheap to be
> successful. But also an easy programming language ( could be a problem
> too with JAL)
>
> On 13 jul, 18:40, Sebastien Lelong <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > @development board: What about this one then:
> >
> > >http://jallib.blogspot.com/2009/06/pic-18f4k50-usb-interface-board-pa.
> ..
> > > .
> > > You've responded to that post already with some feedback I see :-)
> >
> > > What I think that would be useful is to make this development board
> > > pincompatible with the arduino, so you can use their shields too. It
> > > would help such board a whole lot further!
> >
> > Make the board compatible with already existing Arduino shield, that's an
> > idea !
> > But I wonder how possible it is: pin count wouldn't be the same, and
> > wouldn't have the same functionality. This would make the board wiring
> > complex maybe. More, not all arduino boards have the same number of pins.
> > Maybe having a "converter" shield, from jaluino to *duino would do the
> trick
> > :)
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Seb
> > --
> > Sébastien Lelonghttp://www.sirloon.nethttp://sirbot.org
> >
>


-- 
Sébastien Lelong
http://www.sirloon.net
http://sirbot.org

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to