Hi Joep,

It does. I have the arduino with an atmega168 and ran out of pins
> before my project was completed. I'd go for a 40 pin chip or larger
> (smd gives you more pins at the small form factor, which is nice. But
> it is less easy to build and repair).


This comforts me that a huge 18F4550 would be a good choice


> Or to make a long story short: IMO it is a bad idea to shield the
> hardware features from the user. It's like designing a car for drivers
> that do not know it is common to use the left front seat. It creates a
> lot of issues to be handled and a lot of work while it is not
> unreasonable to expect a driver to know which seat to take.


By no mean I want to hide anything, any complexity to users. I just want to
build a board everyone could build, and could experiment with it. A common
hardware. This is great tool IMO for beginners (and I'm pretty sure this is
why Arduino also rocks: people can just plug it, program it, and observe the
results -- and we can do this without hiding anything --, they just have to
focus on the code, without having to deal with hardware troubles). And this
is also a nice tool for advanced users. A common hardware, a common base to
build over. (sounds like a slogan :))

Seb
--
Sébastien Lelong
http://www.sirloon.net
http://sirbot.org

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to