Hi,

Looks nice, can't wait for the 18F4550 version :)

I would too prefer the PicKit2 connector, looks like more widely used
in in PIC's world (right ?)

About the schematics, I've seen there are currently only connectors.
This means we can still do what we want right ? :)

So, back on this post,
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib/browse_thread/thread/a1649a8b27a771ec/f09d680ac611d75c?hl=en

there's a "wishlist". Here I recall some bullet points, with more details...

  - we should have one USB connector, connector to PIC's USB module.
This is to experiment USB.

  - we should also have a connector for serial comms. Here I can see 3 options:
    1. using a DB9 connector, and MAX232 chip. Big.
    2. using a FTDI converter. Small. Expensive.
    3. as Albert Faber suggested in the post, using a 18F14K50 to
build this converter. Cheaper than FTDI. (as far as I'm concerned, I
can't easily find this chip, except with high shipping rate, making it
almost as expensive as a FTDI chip).
    4. No other connector. We use the first, and use a USB bootloader.
Guru Albert already developed one with jal (but bigger than tiny
bootloader, see later). Serial comms. are done through this USB
connector. I'd personally prefer to have a connector wired to TX/RX,
in addition to USB connector.

    Maybe we could provide the three/four options... There can be 2
USB connectors, it would be nice if both would allow to power the
board through them

  - I²C: alsways a must. An "I²C ready" board allows many experiments
and is opened to many 3rdparty chips.

  - few LEDs for status (RX, TX, I²C, USB ?)

  - power sections: 5V, 9V (original power), ideally 3.3V

  - bootloader activated via serial (no need to manually reset the
board). I like Tiny bootloader, as many people here. Very small,
reliable, widely used, many clients (win, linux), never had any
problem with it. Resetting PICs requires some more parts, see
"Options" in http://www.etc.ugal.ro/cchiculita/software/tinybldusage.htm.

  - we could also provide different version of Jaluino, as for
Arduino: with shields, for breadboard. Tiny Jaluino (18F14K50 ?),
Medium Jaluino (18F4550), BigFat Jaluino (18f6680...). We definitively
need to find some better marketing names for tiny, medium, bigfat...

What do you guys think about this ? Any more ideas ?

I'm willing to help, but I'm not an electronic Guru... I'll soon
received some FTDI chips + breakout boards, so I'll soon be able to
prototype and try few things in this wishlist.


PS 1: I wasn't aware of Fritzing, looks nice, I definitively need to try it !
PS 2: it seems your blog is powered by Google Site. How is it ? Do you
think it's an option as a website for jalv2/jallib ?


Cheers,
Seb
-- 
Sébastien Lelong
http://www.sirloon.net
http://sirbot.org

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to