Yes, I'm guilty for that :)
I'm a newbie in microcontrollers but I can give you examples. When you
make controllers (windmill/solar, or weather stations, etc.), in
locations far away from buildings, you can't let your PC there for
data interpretation and displaying graphs and results... You will need
the controller to do calculations and displaying them on a LCD
display... In general, for newbies as I am, is easy to use math
functions, even if is not efficient ... Is enough if chip is doing his
job.

Anyway, it will be a complete compiler/language. And why not? Every
language on the market have math functions.

Vasi

On Jul 21, 10:34 pm, Joep Suijs <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > (unfortunately, the fact that jal don't have a math library is another
> > obstacle regarding to "mass" adoption - the new comers  remain with
> > basic languages and advanced people go to C language).
>
> I recall someone (you?) mentioned math functions once before. Is this
> realy an issue? And which math functions would be required?
> Although it might not be cheap (both in development and use), it
> should be do-able.
>
> Joep
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to