Hi Matt,

Your dedication is impressive!
My eye fell on line 173-197. Servo-numbering starts at one, not zero.
Don't recall if we have a standard  for this, but zero seems more
logical to me. But aside that: the code is repeated 8 times, where it
could be one if you use the servo number as array subscript.
I'll leave it that, since I don't want to play the same tune over and
over again while you put in so much effort...

Joep

2010/2/5 mattschinkel <[email protected]>:
> Ok, I tested I2C and it works with no jitter!
>
> I tested with 8 servos (2 connected).
>
> I used the fasted I2C option: const word _i2c_bus_speed = 4 ; 400kHz
>
> Here is the master echo code I tested with:
>
> for 50_000 loop
>   pc_char = "A"
>
>   -- transmit to slave
>   -- we want to send 1 byte, and receive 1 from the slave
>   i2c_tx_buffer[0] = pc_char
>   var bit _trash = i2c_send_receive(icaddress, 1, 1)
>
>   -- receive buffer should contain our result
>   ic_char = i2c_rx_buffer[0]
>   ;serial_hw_write(ic_char) ;send recieved "B" to pc
> end loop
>
> I tested with and without the serial output line, both with no jitter.
> Serial output is perfect, I recieve 50_000 characters back from the
> slave that runs the servos, all serial data is correct.
>
> Yes, some work needs to be done, I still need to enable 16 bit timers
> and clean up a few other things.
>
> Joep, I would like to here your feedback.
>
> Thanks,
> Matt.
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "jallib" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
> [email protected].
> For more options, visit this group at 
> http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.
>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.

Reply via email to