> Yes, I've worked even with 2.5ppm VTCXO.(output frequency may be slighty
> modified using a voltage)
> However some of them are so expensive ($75 up to $150) that are prohibitive.
> I've seen 3.3V TCXO with 5ppm at $2.5 or so, I think at Digikey.

I don't think you would need a hardware RTCC if you can get a nice
32.768MHz oscillator. You could use this oscillator allong with timer1
or timer3 to get correct time. I think the reason they have an RTCC is
that you can then run your main PIC at any speed you wish, while still
having a accurate RTC.

As you know, 32.768MHz or 32.768KHz devide by 65536 well to get
seconds.
32.768MHz / 65536 = 500hz.... 500hz / 500 = 1hz

Matt.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.

Reply via email to