On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 7:56 AM, mattschinkel <[email protected]>wrote:

> > Matt, RTCC it's already in the PIC. It needs only the 32768 connected at
> > T1OSI/T1OSO.
> > Why writing clock-calendar when is already implemented with hardware
> > registers?
> > Of course it works with TMR1 as well.
> > Any reasonable 32768 TCXO or crystal I found in the neighbourhood is
> 5ppm,
> > no less so be it.
>
> Because not all PIC's have hardware RTCC and becuase you will only
> need 1 oscillator. It's just preference, so it's up to you.
>
> I am only trying to give you my input, ignore it if you wish.
>

   I can't ignore your input because I was thinking to this option quite
long. I'm designing a board with a different philosophy I ever did.
The whole device will be powered from 220V and draw quite a lot (up to
500W-1000W or so). But the control board will be battery backup powered
(because of some safety requirements) even when device is OFF or unplugged.
In this situation I still need low current and maybe a sleeping PIC, but a
running RTCC. So far only the 32768 secondary oscillator seems OK for
described situation.

thx,
Vasile


>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.

Reply via email to