2011/1/17 mattschinkel <[email protected]>

> Seb, I remember you had some issues with USB serial sending some junk
> data to your PC. Did you get it resolved? what was the issue?
>

I dug this before, and found a patch related to a problem in cdc-acm kernel
driver. If you don't specify a protocol (AT commands) when setting up a CDC
link (that's the case here), then CDC driver doesn't to recognize the link.
If you specify a protocol, the driver auto-generate AT commands chars.

I had to apply the patch and re-compile the kernel module. Using Linux
kernel > 2.6.32 should also fix this as patch was included from this
release.


>
> You can now disable UDP if you like.
>

Sure I did it. Using serial over USB, I can ping my PC, but sometimes, it
gets very very slow, I can receive the ICMP reply 10 seconds after. Using
"pure" serial, I can ping it, no problem. But when PC ping, PIC doesn't
reply. If I then tell the PIC to ping the PC, then PIC sends its  reply back
to the PC, in addition to the IMCP echo. I need to dig this further.


cheers,
Seb

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.

Reply via email to