Greetings,

On Jan 16, 1:11 pm, mattschinkel <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> I'm sure you'll ping your PC before you ping google. I actually have
> not yet done ping google with SLIP yet. On linux, I think you have to
> make a network bridge to see the outside world. I know it's possible
> since I have read that others have done so.
>

SLIP is merely an encapsulation scheme - it doesn't understand such
things as routing, or even different kinds of packets.

But, SLIP is fine, so long as the computer at the other end of your
'SLIP link' is willing to route and forward packets on your JAL
project's behalf.

If you're interested in more powerful serial protocols, a popular
choice would be PPP.

William

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.

Reply via email to