Hi Matt, guys,

Here some thoughts after trying to compile a sample to ping over SLIP, No
UDP usage. I took 18f4620_network_ping_udp_slip.jal as a starting poing. I
removed UDP related stuff.

  - I think it's good to reduce lib usage in samples, ie. make a ping
sample, then a udp sample, then maybe a ping + udp to show integration if
relevant. When dealing such big stack, it's good to go step by step, and
providing independent samples may help.

  - when compiling, I got "!!!LABEL udp_read_packet NOT FOUND!!!" in the
output. Since I don't use UDP, there's something wrong here. Maybe
ip_header.jal, where it's used, should check for further defined const/var.

  - maybe ip_header.jal should also delegate higher protocol discovery to
something higher than IP. I understand why it checkes for ICMP (IP layer),
but I'm not sure about checking UDP (should it use transport.jal ?). Isn't
there a kind of abstraction leak here ? (also careful with typos in comments
(SLIP-> UDP)

  - you have to define network_destination_ip, but when you send ICMP echo,
logic goes like (1) specify destination IP and (2) send ICMP. So, is it
really necessary to define network dest. ip at first ?

OK, when I get more thoughts about all of this, I'll report :)

I'm trying to use USB over serial, with SLIP. By now, I've re-compiled my
cdc-acm kernal module so it recognize CDC without protocol. I should be able
to ping google soon. Hopefully.

Cheers
Seb

2011/1/16 Oliver Seitz <[email protected]>

>
> > > Matt, you're good! but you
> > already know that...
> >
> > Thanks for the complement, but I'm not as good as some
> > around here,
> > and there's always room for improvement :)
>
> Everyone has his own special skills. *We* are the best, if we put all of
> them together :-)
>
> Greets,
> Kiste
>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "jallib" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected]<jallib%[email protected]>
> .
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.
>
>


-- 
Sébastien Lelong
http://www.sirloon.net
http://sirbot.org

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.

Reply via email to