Hi Matt,
On 01.08.14 08:41, mattschinkel wrote:
Why not use the SPI library for max7219_shift_data()?
SPI is faster, and you can connect multiple devices.
I replied:
Thinking about this I found several reasons:
- I have not worked with SPI before and didn't think of using it!
- According to the max7219/7221 datasheet only the max7221 is
compatible (thus the 7219 apparently is not).
(and some more)
I made a variant of the max7219n library using the spi_master_hw library
and even though the max7219 is said to be not fully SPI compatible it
works fine! I'll do some more testing and maybe commit this library.
Disadvantage is that it requires specific pins (SDO + CK), while the
previous max7219 libraries can use any pins.
BTW It took me quite some time to understand how to use the ISP
libraries. Comments and explanations with the various procedures are
very scarse, far from sufficient for comfortable start of a beginner
like me.
Regards, Rob.
--
R. Hamerling, Netherlands --- http://www.robh.nl
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"jallib" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/jallib.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.