On 26.08.14 01:54, Matt Schinkel wrote:
Are there currently a lot of things using the max7219 lib? If not, I don't see why things would have to be changed. Here's my use for this... lets look at 18f4620_mp3_decoder_vs1053b_sd_card.jal - vs1053b uses fat32, - fat32 uses sd card - sd card uses SPI. - output is serial_hw Currently, you could use the same main sample code for different possibilities. - use a hard disk instead of sd card - use fat32_small instead of fat32 - use spi_sw instead of spi_hw - use serial_sw instead of serial_hw.
Of course I understand that it is possible to specify required arguments in the user program, but I do not agree that is *must* be there. It is a matter of responsibility: if any library chooses to use another library it must use it the proper way for its specific purpose, and therefore it (and not the user program) is responsible to specify the right parameters and use the proper procedures. For example in the case of the max7219 libraries: it 'knows' which SPI mode is the one and only right mode for the max7219, so why bother the user of the max7219 with having to find out which SPI mode is the right one? A more general example: many libraries use the delay library. I did not check but I think all these libraries include delay itself and do not rely on the user program to include it (and also before the include of any of these libraries).
BTW When we agree about which is the 'right' way at some point time (!) this aspect should become part of the Jallib standards, I would say.
Regards, Rob. -- R. Hamerling, Netherlands --- http://www.robh.nl -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "jallib" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/jallib. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
