Hi Guys,

I don't think this is causing problems with many of our programs, however 
after my discussion with Kyle on Jallist, it seems we should not use "_" as 
the first character for any identifiers. My usb_msd.jal library does not 
work because of this, even though I did not use variables starting with 
"_temp".

Per Kyle's suggestion, it seems we should go through all our libs to rename 
variables. To keep it simple, I suggest moving all underscore at the 
beginning of variable names to the end of the variable name, or rename the 
variable all together if you wish.

Buildbot is not working at the moment. Please continue to commit. We can 
leave this issue for later when buildbot is back up again.

Our Jallib style guide suggests to use the underscore character. "Names of 
other global entities (not supposed being used by application programs) 
should use this prefix and use an additional underscore at the beginning." 
https://code.google.com/p/jallib/wiki/JallibStyleGuide

Rob, do you think we need to update all device files?

Do you guys think we should proceed with this change to our libs?

>> Would you suggest renaming of all variables and procedures that start 
with "_" in my projects, or only those that start with _temp ? What others 
can cause an issue?
>>>> yes, I suggest avoiding any identifiers starting with '_'. Some are 
created in the PIC library for internal functions, the FOR statement might 
create one, etc. I *think* _temp is the only one that does special 
processing.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/jallib.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to